- Malcolm Guite: a Poet for Bruised Evangelicals a really good piece. If you want more on him, check out my extended conversation with him here.
- French novelist and general enfant terrible Michel Houellebecq finds himself as an agnostic among Christians in being opposed to Euthanasia. Fascinating and powerful.
- Grant Wishart tries to escape the Urbanist Matrix
- Whatever your stance, the silencing and punishment of LGBT dissenters is chilling argues Trevin Wax.
- My boss Paul spoke last week at the funeral of Maria, a remarkable woman whose family hid 2 Jewish boys in Nazi-occupied Netherlands.
- 4 books to help teach young people about the Holocaust. An important if brief list
- Kathleen Stock is nothing if not courageous – she’s absolutely fascinating here on the identity politics reactions to Todd Field’s new film Tar.
- Friends know I’m mildly obsessed with Berlin. These are fascinating shots from the days immediately after the fall of the Wall.
- LOVE this! If you’ve seen those Bayeux Tapestry memes, and wondered how they were done – well, wonder no longer. You can make them here!
- If you needed evidence that the fashion world is stark-raving bonkers, there’s this
- Some very special Underwater photographs from the 2022 Ocean Art competition
- Layla May Arthur is an artist who works with paper in the Netherlands. These are breathtaking
- I do a lot of travel for work; some of these had never occurred to me, but they’re great ideas
- Did you know that Queen Victoria was no slouch when it came to sketching and painting? No, nor did I? Here’s a selection.