- 75 years on from VJ Day – Phil Whittall has a powerful piece refuting the arguments that the Bomb was justified
- Michael Kruger has a very helpful and concise piece on distinguishing between 3 different types of legalism
- I’d heard about this place in passing (from something I read, but can’t for the life of me remember where), but this post over at Art & Theology shows how stunning the Cadet Chapel at the USAF Academy really is. (The Military chapels thing is a WHOLE other thing I won’t get into here, though I’m glad they’re there, on the whole!)
- David George Moore has an important piece for the American Christian right on voting for Trump
- Imran Khan’s plan to plant 10 billion trees in Pakistan has begun… it’s really making a difference. Wow.
- The wonders of Humanity – some wonderfully sunlit street scenes in Kathmandu taken by Ashraful Arefin
- The wonders of Creation – I probably need a regular Q slot on this, but this will do for now: the majesty of hummingbirds captured by Christian Spencer
- This is one of my most favouritest things ever: a guide to the different computer interfaces available in LEGO. What’s not to like?
- If you’re not a West Wing fan, this will mean little. But if you are, then this breakdown of just one episode illustrating the genius that is Aaron Sorkin’s brain. 17 People in graphic form (episode 18, season 2) HT Sam Allberry
- A Roman toddler leaves its mark that lasts centuries
- And while we’re on fiction nerddom, here are some Harry Potter details about Severus Snape that you probably didn’t know about.
- So did you know what your little jeans pocket was for? HT Phil Whittall
- This is at times weird, disturbing, sublime but always compelling – A mysterious walking figure gets seamlessly transformed into different objects
- Not for the vertiginous – a Norwegian 99-step bridge over a huge waterfall. Amazing. And I love this: the steps of reconciliation, in the Burg, Graz (Austria)