- Steve Guthrie has a fascinating series on Music and the Holy Spirit over at Rabbit Room. In 4 parts, with this the first: The Sound that Breath Makes
- My friend Ziya Meral has a powerful piece on President Erdogan’s move to bring Muslim prayers back to the Hagia Sofia
- A Babylon Bee classic: Atheists launch No Lives Matter movement
- ICYM – Justin Taylor’s obit of J I Packer
- Martin Wolf in the FT with an important essay: Democracy will fail if we don’t think as citizens.
- An academic offers helpful first steps for engaging with those who swallow conspiracy theories.
- I am one of those oddballs who think that our constructed environment is almost as important to our wellbeing as our natural one (at so many levels). So I just LOVE these architecturally ingenious, repurposed buildings.
- But then, what’s the opposite of great architecture? This (from Belgium)!
- The human body is mind-bogglingly complex. This is ‘just’ the circulatory system of the arm.
- If you’ve not seen this ‘Modern Man‘ routine by the late George Carlin (from a 2008 tribute when he was awarded the Mark Twain prize posthumously), then you won’t regret it – truly astonishing…
- Wonderful: an interactive mediaeval map of England
- Would you like to see some photographs from 1890s and 1900s of Paris and, er, Walton-on-Thames? Yeah, sure you would. They’re from the camera of none other than Émile Zola.
- I had no idea, despite the Swedish side of my ancestry – hauntingly gorgeous as well as rather nuts
- And while on outdoor music, check out this saxophonist using a huge pipeline to create cool loops.
- Actually helpful cancer-survivor cards
- An offroad wheelchair – amazing
- So what on earth were they thinking? but as the page says, more to the point is why anyone would need these in a presentation or flyer!?
- Movies in boring tweets
- Locked-down Carehome Album covers – genius