- Carl Trueman has a simply superb First Things piece on Covid19, human mortality and modern culture’s avoidance of death: The Final Enemy
- Justin Taylor helpfully summarises Alan Jacobs’ Thinking Person’s Checklist
- Greg Forster very helpfully engages with some of the assumptions behind archetypal advocacy of Christian Right politics (from Al Mohler).
- Dale Ortlund’s challenge to pastors to show gentleness. It ought to go without stating…
- Well this is definitely weird – Philip Jenkins writes about a massive replica of the Jerusalem Temple in Sao Paolo
- Tolkien’s brilliant response to his German publisher’s need to verify his ‘Aryan blood’ (to comply with Nazi Germany’s new Nuremberg laws)
- This is a brilliant way to use 10 minutes of your time. The unique Elie Wiesel:
- These are stunning: artist Adrian Brandon honours those African Americans killed by police with portraits – with one minute of colour for every year of their lives.
- If you didn’t catch it, this speech in the US Senate by Sen Cory Booker is the best articulation of the pain the George Floyd death provokes I’ve seen. A very important 30 mins.
- Brain Pickings sometimes really comes up trumps. This is a case in point: Great writers on the importance of Nature to counteract depression
- I simply love these stairs!
- The USA in maps which change one’s perception of things
- Who needs Lollipop people when you have a stray dog to stop the traffic!?
- Love this: the life-cycles of natural things in one shot
- And of course, it was only natural for the Barcelona Opera house to open to an audience of house plants
- Yup – I NEED a pub in my garden