- An interesting (as ever from Phil!) perspective on church and community life from Sweden
- Peter Dray has a handful of interesting posts about the Ligonier Theology survey – first one is here
- Ukraine (including its regions now controlled by Russia) is a country that is close to my heart. This is truly alarming news. (HT Simple Pastor) And of course, since then the political situation has deteriorated significantly.
- This is good and no small relief: 3 things that Pastors do NOT need to do
- And Chris Green helpfully identifies the snakepits for leaders who are Chieftains or Chilled, as well as for everyone in between.
- Perhaps not so far from the truth these days… new Bigot Recognition tool
- Terry Pratchett in Memoriam ad infinitum – there is something poignant indeed about this and yet, simultaneously, desperately sad.
- John Naughton sharp as ever: How China confounds western liberals about the net
- These WW2 defences down the French coast are something else
- You might think this is quirky, but I’d argue it is topical: ex-CIA disguise guru who explains how it’s done – perhaps the GRU could learn a thing or two
- Drones are here to stay – so why not put them to good use…?
- If you’re struggling with stress, boredom or other forms of ennui: just watch the livestreamed Norwegian train from the driver’s seat
- The Duchess of Northumberland now has a poison garden… I thoroughly approve
- If you have 20 mins to spare, worth checking out this film about how Escher went about creating his extraordinary mathematical impossibilities
- What very sensible people have said about reading books
- Being a bit of a film nut, I love movies that really get you thinking (ie Christopher Nolan flicks) – and so this is great new series of vlogs on Movie Endings – seems to be updated fairly regularly (and the guy clearly loves Nolan too)
- The world’s worst Alphabet Book! Is English the only language for which such a thing is very easy?!
- What makes Snoopy so significant for NASA’s astronauts?
- Some more bonkersness: base jumping into a moving aircraft
- This is impressive: Ronald Reagan hears a balloon popping, just 2 months after being shot