So… a bit of a bumper crop again!
- Chris Green great again on why he won’t let us look into his bible and another on The Dangers of Being an Experienced Preacher
- I’d not heard of him but my mother put me onto Stained Glass Window artist, Thomas Denny. Here’s a little compilation of his stuff – breathtaking.
- Amazing infographic map showing London’s religious makeup (HT SimplePastor)
- Sublime moments from YoYo Ma and Bach’s cello suites (which he’s just recorded for the third time)
- Some incredibly detailed shots of Typhoon Trami from the Space Station
- There is a war in Europe that’s been ongoing for several years… most seem oblivious. Here are some powerful images from those struggling to keep live vaguely normal in eastern Ukraine
- Why Wikipedia is actually just the kind of thing we need in these fake truth days… excellent from John Naughton in the Observer
- This is why we need investigative journalists – one of the Russians in Salisbury was a Spetsnaz decorated soldier.
- A beautiful Town Hall spanning two Faroe Island communities
- Fascinating: how ‘sand dams’ can transform an arid African landscape
- I can’t even begin to imagine the work involved in conceiving, let alone crafting, this masterpiece: an entire room of marquetry trompe l’oeil in Italy.
- I’d be too terrified to do anything with this – an artist turns a block of marble into something sublime
- What a PhD student discovered by trying to understand a strange block of masonry on top of the Olympian Zeus temple in Athens
- Love these: Unrhymed limericks
- I didn’t know this even was a thing – but it’s brilliant: Comedy Wildlife Photograph of the Year
- Well, you know what they say about dogs and their owners…
- Brushstrokes in time from a German artist
- Surprises beyond a trapdoor in a new home
- I’m very short-sighted myself and this is exactly right!
- Truly the best timed shot in TV history – I used to love watching James Burke – what a man: