- A lovely tribute to my late friend Tom Chapman, a Norwich pastor who died after a 10-year battle with a brain tumour
- Phil Whittall offers an excellent summary of Justin Taylor’s thoughts on diversity in the church. Stimulating and challenging.
- More gems from Emma – Lessons from the hard times.
- This is a couple of years old now, but it’s fascinating. A journalist recounts what happens when he wears a priest’s uniform for a day in Chicago
- President Macron has just released his official portrait. This is a fascinating parsing of the image’s symbolism – Macron the Centrist.
- Jim Carrey is growing on me – not because of his acting career but because of his honesty about the absurdities of contemporary obsessions. Here he introduces last year’s Golden Globes Best Comedy (HT Sam A)
- Reclaiming former railway lines for more ecological uses is such a great idea – here are a few
- Miss Sarajevo is one of my favourite U2 songs. I’m in good company – it’s one of Bono’s too. Here is a tribute to that great city on the 20th anniversary of their phenomenal concert there after the end of the Balkans war.
- Fascinating: how clever juxtaposition in film editing changes/develops the meaning of scenes when actors do precious little (def worth watching the 8 min video)
- Fun! Doodles and shadows
- You’ve got to admire the patience behind this – a photographer spends hours in art galleries to snap viewers who reflect the images they are looking at
- This copy of Fahrenheit 451 can only be read when hot!
- This is some pretty awesome driving: a 200ft long truck in Scotland
- Of course one needs this: Baroque wigs in paper with modern attachments
- As Q regulars know, I can’t resist maps – so here are a handful of maps in relation to the USA
- A great way to get traffic to slow down at pedestrian crossings