- Good stuff: 7 Differences between Judaea and Galilee – Jesus was Jesus of Nazareth… from Dick France.
- Chris Green offers a rather unexpected but powerful reason to appreciate really soppy Christian songs once in a while.
- Emma Scrivener is superb – 20 text messages for struggling friends
- Want to know if you’re a bigot? Just answer this easy to use one-question survey…
- This is powerful and trenchant – hard to disagree: Ross Douthat’s Speaking Ill of Hugh Hefner
- The man who averted nuclear war has died: an extraordinary story. We can only hope that there are more like him around today…
- Matt Ridley makes an important point about free speech in the Times (behind £ unfortunately) – New Enemies Threaten the Enlightenment
- Stunning – so-called ‘Spatial calligraphy’ with light in Japan.
- Even more stunning – a remarkable collection of images from August’s solar eclipse
- It’s quite long (30 minutes or so) but if you have an idle half hour, it’s fascinating – a voice coach analyses all kinds of different accents.
- An ingenious use for old shipping containers – a desert flower house in the Joshua Tree desert.
- I love this kind of whimsy – 50 outdoor mini-plays for passing trains
- How about this for your gravestone… Futility Closet explains.
- Smartify looks EXCELLENT – a shazam-type app for art!
- A designer has created some ingeniously useless things! Love them all
- This is fabulous – an onomaticist who compiled a list of great name of which these are some of the best.
- It lasts 10 minutes – but it is truly mesmerising – a time-lapse of 30 days at sea on a freighter