- I’ve always found the old Indian parable of the Blind men and the elephant infuriating – Trevin Wax does a great job drawing together all the problems with it.
- Interesting perspectives on the French and Italian muslims who attended Catholic Mass in solidarity
- Short-term missions trips are increasingly controversial – trust Babylon Bee to pick up on
- I like this – Anna Robbins on 8 Reasons why Jesus doesn’t like Numbered Lists for doing ministry better.
- Cat posted some good thoughts a while back here on one of my favourite films of recent years: Ex Machina
- John Piper spoke at Google – on Jesus Christ Egomanic – good stuff (I always find him easier on the page than airwaves!)
- Could be great for whetting appetites – 100 top J I Packer quotes
- Profoundly affecting images of mainly female refugees arriving in Europe.
- Road safety gone mad?! Swindon’s 7-point roundabout in action
- What Facebook knows about you (and it’s not just about algorithms for adverts)… Scary
- A Korean rapprochement? The selfie stars – but will there be trouble…
- With the Olympics done and dusted, here are some fascinating stats – for every Olympic Games in history – comparing medal tally to GDP, economic size, etc etc
- And a heart-warming (the only one apart from his athletic prowess?) from the 1936 Berlin/Nazi Olympics that Jesse Owens stormed: his friendship with German rival Luz Long (below)
- What to do when 4 African borders meet – is a bridge between Botswana & Zambia possible/legal?!
- The comic simplicity of Shanghai Tango – genius
- What happens when you leave a dress in the Dead Sea for 2 months
- Well, these are dreamy: private urban pools
- And less dreamy – but nevertheless, eerily impressive: Sinai’s Concrete poems
- This record-breaking street art in Rio is spectacular
- And while on the topic, here are is a great idea for the car-obsessed American High School
- Bonkers: real VW Beetles squished into balls. (obviously)
- All in the name of scientific enquiry: playing bagpipes to emperor penguins