- Chris Green on a chillingly fascinating biography of New York’s most powerful man – and its telling if unexpected resonance for pastors.
- David Jackman is one of my heroes of the faith and mentors – and it’s just wonderful that his teaching is now being systematically recorded for posterity on video – even better, it’s free. Here’s module one of his preaching course, EQUIPPED.
- Graham Greene is certainly one of my literary heroes – and The Power and the Glory is a book i’ve posted about more than once. ttneresting that here it’s being recommended for Lent reading.
- A striking obit for US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia in CT.
- Joseph Fiennes on playing Clavius in RISEN
- This is a bit mean – but can’t help but find this a little bit funny – frozen car park melts drowning a few cars
- You might have seen these transcripts between Tony Blair and Bill Clinton when they were both in power. Sadly they’re not real – but they ARE marvellous!
- What makes you so sure we’re evolving for the better – some provocative cartoons that suggest otherwise
- It’s an oldish interview, but has been updated – Chris Rock flips the consensus on racism
- Infographic map of battles fought around the world (that we know of)
- This is incredible technology: a piece of glass that is virtually indestructible and will carry 360TB of data
- A ballerina recreates Degas’ wonderful ballet paintings
- 75 years of self-portraits by Picasso – remarkable. I actually did this on my blog about 6 years ago though!
- And what a wonderful idea – a recreation of van Gogh’s bedroom on AirBnB
- A stunning French Book of Hours from 1416
- These new places of worship truly are architectural and artistic wonders
- Some very striking photographs from contemporary Russia – and speaking of contrasts, these mashups are fun
- A bunch of fun street Chalk-drawings
- 13th Smithsonian Photographic Prize winners – stunning – like this Indian Leopard by Suyash Kashari
- These tattoo designs are actually quite convincing…!
- It’s incredible what you can do with pieces of paper
- The perils of misspelling what you type in a GPS – an american tourist gets rather lost in Iceland
- How Bertrand Russell responded to Sir Oswald Mosley (founder of the British Fascists)
- A lovely story from Nigeria of a breadseller photobombing a rockstar, and becoming a model…