- David & Heather Jackman are old friends – and they’ve just contributed this essay on marriage to the Cambridge Papers
- There is something wonderfully redemptive about this – bride’s father grabs stepfather to walk down the aisle too…
- Simon Parke has a lovely short piece to inspire writing
- See what happens when an ISIS fighter encounters Christian love…
- When a photographer lost his sister who had had Down’s Syndrome, he did this…
- Wallander creator, Henning Mankel writes movingly about the cancer that eventually killed him.
- A wonderful photographic biography of Winston Churchill, including some fun rarely seen images
- Obama and Robinson – this is part 1 of a wonderful conversation between politician and writer; and here is part 2
- Could you live like this? The most cut-off man in the world.
- These are rather beautiful – and weird – made of quilled canvas
- Alex von Tunzelman has a great Guardian column about the convergence of history and cinema – here’s her list of 10 quirkiest historical films
- All you need to know about men’s fashion – from the 1970s
- Light painting by Vitor Schietti
- Amazing parkour footage from Santorini
- Some fantastic Parisian scenes from Rene Maltete in the 1950s; and the annual National Geographic photo competition is always a winner; and here are some wonderful underwater portraits
- You think Photoshop is newfangled? Think again – these amazing images predate computing by decades
- And while we’re doing photographic timewarps, check out these: US car-mechanics recreate renaissance Old Masters!