- This is good: John Piper gives 10 lessons from a hospital bed
- I’m not busy… so says Ian Paul apparently
- Larry Hurtado deftly sorts out the whole Jesus Wife document farrago here and then a follow-up here
- A friend sent me this link: Mental Health in the Church (with among others Rick Warren, whose son tragically committed suicide recently) – not had a chance to check them out yet, but it looks REALLY helpful
- Some great thoughts on Palm Sunday in Matthew from Ian
- What the vicar’s wife is really thinking…? yes, sadly this happens… though thankfully not mine…
- A pastor offers helpful (and surprising) advice on what NOT to ask adoptive parents or kids
- Paul Levy has drawn together a nice little collection of Chappo’s witticisms here – I do agree with Paul about the bio though.
- I love Rev. Especially ep5 of the last season (3). But this is on to something on I think – the very last episode wasbleak indeed.
- In case you’re wondering why it took so long to find MH370, check out this scaled map of the Indian Ocean’s depth
- Interesting: why opponents of gay marriage should not be treated like racists
- A powerful testimony of a Turk’s willingness to face the reality of what happened to Armenians 99 years ago.
- Love this – if Herodotus had written 20th Century history (HT Ros C)
- The oracle speaks – the N Korean leader is always followed around by note-takers in general’s uniforms.
- Does Qatar’s wealth make them a happy people?
- How the new South African flag came about…
Maps are a jolly good thing. I can look at them for hours. Even better are maps that you can customise and then use. So here are some pretty cool tools for this kind of indulgence.
First of all some ancient world mapping tools, thanks to a very helpful response to a request of mine from Leif Isaksen
- Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire: superb detail with roads, cities and towns across the empire
- Antiquity À La Carte: great for exporting customised maps and many other things
- Orbis: very clever tool from Stanford for working out journey times etc around the Roman world.
More up to date…
- The tiny Wyoming creek that connects the Atlantic and Pacific (see image above)
- I do have a thing about fonts – this is pretty faultless IMHO
- 10 Propaganda campaigns that backfired spectacularly
- I love driving in Africa – here’s a taster from Addis Ababa!
- 62 things you’ll NEVER hear a Londoner say…!
- Infectious wonder: watch these two older women go up in a (private!) plane for the very first time in their lives
- Hmmm… the ‘liberation’ of wearing full-body spandex…??? Only in Japan?
- Genius: if you’ve seen Gravity, you’ll love this…