- Mark Ashton writes powerfully and movingly about his battle with terminal cancer. Part 1 here.
- Not normally a total devotee (as some are in the habit of being!) but Mark Driscoll is at his most trenchant when talking here about ministry idolatry.
- Anglican Mainstream have helpfully listed the numbers of Anglicans around the world – of whom 80% now live in the ‘global south’.
- BBC History Magazine has a great article in last month’s edition about the times when Britain has called a National Day of Prayer.
- Love this idea: 66 books of the bible each summed up by one of its verses. I would quibble with one or two – but take my hat off to the attempt. (HT Beth)
- A fascinating American perspective on the UK Leadership debates from Hendrik Hertzberg.
- What war can do: a comparison between Kabul in 1970 and 2010:
- There’s been a whole load of kerfuffle (lost in the General Election storm) about the recent Digital Economy Bill (one of the very last acts of the previous parliament). Lots of potentially foolish and even frightening stuff in it. Tom Watson, PPC for West Bromwich East, has some very sensible Digital Pledges. There’s also this, rather more ‘direct’ response!
- And while we’re on th topic of technology affecting our lives, Wired has a salutary investigation about the effectiveness (or not) of CCTV cameras in the UK. Did you know that Shetland Islands Council has more CCTV cameras than San Francisco?
- A 6-year old gets a polling card – this is how he’d vote.
- Obama dancing with heads of state: a timelapse compilation from the Washington Nuclear Summit
- How China mourns an earthquake: websites go black and white (HT 22 Words)
- The new unit of measurement in UK life: “THE TESCO“
- Check out the British Library’s coming Magnificent Maps exhibition. Some amazing ones on the website
- A wonderful slideshow celebrating the 20 years’ achievements of the Hubble Space Telescope
- Oops – not a great start to a driving career.
- What should you do with spare bits of lego? You can do a LOT worse than what this guy’s done…
- Beware the small print – you might sign away your own soul. Literally.
- This is pretty amazing: a CG version of Stockholm library… a fabulous library that dreams are made of!