- This is great – a constantly updated list – Biblical references in U2 lyrics!
- Tom Holland is on cracking form here – Thank God For Western Values
- Ian Paul outlines the issues well for the perennial questions at this time of year:
- The Welsh Baptist who transformed China.
- Emma Scrivener on form as ever: 10 ways to spoil an apology.
- Indigenous Jesus: an occasional blog gathering Majority World depictions of Christian themes/people
- The reasons behind the 2 Boeing 737Max crashes
- The Wrong Side Of History? Experts predict the features of our own era that will be unthinkable in 50 years’ time.
- How to remember the unspeakable – a simple but potent tactic to remember those lost in the Holocaust is the stolperstein (lit: stumbling stone)
- This summarises the Brexit problem neatly – the Brexit Trilemma
- Very powerful and salutary – to fight victim blaming, people exhibit the clothes they were wearing when sexually assorted.
- A train shed becomes a beautiful library
- A real ‘enchanted’ forest – in Dartmoor
- I love this: a Brazilian couple replanted a forest with 2 million trees. And 20 years later…
- I actually like podcasts quite a lot (and I have a few regulars) – but I did enjoy this anti-podcast rant by WaPo music critic Chris Richards
- Definitely is the Selfie of the Year 2019 – Virunga NP Rangers with their imitating gorillas (in DR Congo)
- Languages fascinate me, especially when they’re utterly different from European languages. Like Ubang from Nigeria – brings gender questions to a WHOLE new level!
- This takes real perseverance and dedication: An Artist who travels to paint in beauty spots – but with subjects that are not quite what one might expect
- Running with wild horses through the Camargue
- This is stunning – a giant optical illusion at the Louvre
- This is also stunning – a giant, natural water chandelier in a forest!