Hurrah - just in time for the book's release in the USA, Australia and elsewhere, here is the second of our two promo videos, made by the super-talented John Bowen. He's animated the whole thing himself and, I'm sure you'll…
I wouldn't call it panic or even alarm, exactly. But we could call it mild perturbation. Nearly a fortnight ago, I finally departed the life known as Facebook. I gave a week's warning of this revolution, and it provoked quite the…
What makes a good archive or library? Well, as I’ve written elsewhere, I think there are at least 3 key ingredients.
- Excellent, unique and desirable content
- Well ordered and easily retrievable resources
- Intuitive and straightforward search processes.
- Every human being is part of the global community; every Christian is part of the global church; and yet is amazing how little we know of life in other parts of the world. This website will help a little – compare life in different countries and follow up with suggested reading.
- Did you go to a Christian University/College in the USA or were you home-schooled? If so, this research makes for interesting reading.
- I love good infographics. So when used with the Bible, it’s a win-win. (more…)
- Sinclair Ferguson has some great preaching tips in his Preacher’s Decalogue
- A friend of mine who works in Sarajevo, Bosnia has researched a distant English relative of his who had a profound impact on the city. He’s written a book, and now has an accompanying website, MissIrby.com – really interesting stuff.
Sorry for the delay and somewhat truncated list this time – just back from holiday. But Q is due back on track v soon!
- “Greed given a spiritual name”: a great, if brief, PBS interview with Eugene Peterson on many things (incl prosperity gospel).
- It is now only a matter of time before another of the 20th Century Church’s greats follows his friend John Stott to glory – here is Billy Graham on facing the end of life.
- Carl Trueman is his trenchant, swashbuckling self in his corrective about current obsessions with all things urban
- Jason Ramsami has remarkable graphic gifts. He’s now made his Jesus Comic (which is available as an iPhone app) freely available on his website in its entirety.
- Been doing the rounds, but Taylor Mali does a brilliant job of cultural deconstruction with his earnest appeal to speak with conviction. Check it out if you’ve not done so yet. (more…)