Sacred Treasure A friend who pastors in Hong Kong tackles the church's divisions in the face of political turmoil and social unrest. We would do well to listen, here in Brexit Britain...The Simple Pastor draws on some fascinating Pew Foundation…
Hurrah - just in time for the book's release in the USA, Australia and elsewhere, here is the second of our two promo videos, made by the super-talented John Bowen. He's animated the whole thing himself and, I'm sure you'll…
I wouldn't call it panic or even alarm, exactly. But we could call it mild perturbation. Nearly a fortnight ago, I finally departed the life known as Facebook. I gave a week's warning of this revolution, and it provoked quite the…
What makes a good archive or library? Well, as I’ve written elsewhere, I think there are at least 3 key ingredients.
- Excellent, unique and desirable content
- Well ordered and easily retrievable resources
- Intuitive and straightforward search processes.
- Every human being is part of the global community; every Christian is part of the global church; and yet is amazing how little we know of life in other parts of the world. This website will help a little – compare life in different countries and follow up with suggested reading.
- Did you go to a Christian University/College in the USA or were you home-schooled? If so, this research makes for interesting reading.
- I love good infographics. So when used with the Bible, it’s a win-win. (more…)
- Sinclair Ferguson has some great preaching tips in his Preacher’s Decalogue
- A friend of mine who works in Sarajevo, Bosnia has researched a distant English relative of his who had a profound impact on the city. He’s written a book, and now has an accompanying website, MissIrby.com – really interesting stuff.
Sorry for the delay and somewhat truncated list this time – just back from holiday. But Q is due back on track v soon!
- “Greed given a spiritual name”: a great, if brief, PBS interview with Eugene Peterson on many things (incl prosperity gospel).
- It is now only a matter of time before another of the 20th Century Church’s greats follows his friend John Stott to glory – here is Billy Graham on facing the end of life.
- Carl Trueman is his trenchant, swashbuckling self in his corrective about current obsessions with all things urban
- Jason Ramsami has remarkable graphic gifts. He’s now made his Jesus Comic (which is available as an iPhone app) freely available on his website in its entirety.
- Been doing the rounds, but Taylor Mali does a brilliant job of cultural deconstruction with his earnest appeal to speak with conviction. Check it out if you’ve not done so yet. (more…)