HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hoping that 2024 is a cracker!
- Paul Kingsnorth: Our Godless Era Is Dead
- Paul Windsor has written up our LP leaders’ gathering in northern Greece towards the end of November.
- The powerful story of Peter Jensen’s prodigal son Dave It sounds like there was a lot of wise parenting going here.
- A very different story now: Chris Green reflecting on 40 years of ordained ministry
- Phil Whittall is a great one for anthologising and distillation material.
- Here he’s done a grand job on gender roles: The 7 pillars of egalitarianism and then The 7 pillars of complementarianism; and then he gives more: fresh reading on complementarianism
- And his reflections on the book Africa is not a country are powerful and urgent
- I’ve only just discovered the art of Jason Leith. I love these pieces in the series called Vessels – strikes me that it powerfully evokes CSLewis’s Weight of Glory.
- Finding a new home in the UK: Tibetan children at the Pestalozzi Children’s Village in the 1950s
- Italian artist paints Uplifting Murals in children’s hospitals
- Are asteroids a threat to earth?! Don’t Panic! (HT Simple Pastor)
Some photographic inspiration:
- I love these London Underground linocuts by British artists Cyril Power (1872–1951) and Sybil Andrews (1898-1992), capturing both the dynamism and intimidation of the 20s and 30s’ machine age.
- These photographic compositions by Czech photographer Bára Prášilová are mesmerising / disturbing / absurd /surreal / quirky.
- Childhood around the world in 35 images
- Regulars will know I’m always partial to some seriously good street art. Some really stands out, though, and Dutch artist Leon Keer produces some remarkable stuff.