- Advent is upon us – do follow Malcolm Guite’s meditations through the season (taken from his book). Here’s the first from George Herbert’s The Glance.
- Ed Shaw and the CEEC folks have published a healthy, honest and real response to the abuse scandals. Hoping this will be the start of genuine change for many.
- Mary Harrington is on cracking form over at UnHerd – Why Anarchy has come to America. It’s Team Rousseau vs Team Original Sin
- Haven’t worked through all of them yet, but this opens a fascinating blog series looking at the origins of the HTB network (based on the guy’s doctoral thesis) (HT Louanne Enns)
- At one level, this is nice bit of lampoonery by the Icelandic Tourist Board, deservedly poking fun at the Meta absurdity. But there’s some deep spiritual and human reality at the heart of it too…
- The story of transformation in a London borough by getting more people walking
- The infinite profile of the fascist dictator: Mussolini’s continuous profile by Renato Bertelli in 1933. As chilling a depiction of a totalitarian Panopticon as you can get…
- Real foresight here and a love for all things arborial: the Green Cathedral
- Some extraordinary colourized footage of Jerusalem’s Jaffa Gate with some sound effects from 1897!
- Oh students and their jolly japes! Incorrigible but marvellous: Cambridge college chapel gets santa hats.
- Oh oh – some truly terrible architectural decisions.
- By way of an antidote to that, some gorgeous architecture photography from around the world
- But the best antidote is God’s architecture: the natural world…
- … And some perfectly timed photos