- The Josh Harris ‘deconversion’ story (for those who are aware) is very sad and my heart goes out to him and his family. Too many have leapt in as pundits. These are the better responses I’ve read
- Then there’s been the horror of Jeffrey Epstein’s activities. Ralph Smith is surely onto something here in his provocative but powerful essay: What Jeffrey Epstein Got Right.
- Conspiracies & Occam’s Razor: Jeffrey Epstein is Dead, But the Case Will Never Close
- Remarkable: 104-year-old Holocaust survivor with 400 of her descendants at the Wailing Wall
- I love Barbara Hepworth’s sculpture. But I’d not taken these in before – her remarkable hospital drawings from the 40s. Stunning
- Eddie Mair is a brilliant radio journalist and a great loss to the BBC – but he’s still on the job with LBC and this is an interview masterclass. He’d do the same for leftwingers too.
- A British emigrant to Malaysia and convert to Islam has become an accidental celebrity there!
- Simone Biles is an athletic phenomenon – watch this extraordinary manoeuvre in slow-motion
- This flowchart deserves a medal! From the inimitable Isabel Hardman at the Spectator – what will happen in British politics in the coming week? Answer: WHO KNOWS!!?
- This is a wonderful 10-minute watch: how a composer might develop from the dull melody of Happy Birthday into something incredibly complex, interesting and powerful:
- In an old bathhouse, these interactive digitalised megaliths by Teamlab are stunning
- Where random vandalism actually makes the world a better place!
- Truly bizarre finds by a US estate agent
- This was inevitable: Extreme Ironing
- Langston Hughes’ public fan letter to Nina Simone
- History comes alive with these remarkable facial reconstructions by Swedish sculptor Oscar Nilsson. Like this one of a Romano-British woman who died by the age of 35
- How to hypnotise a chicken… with a word of warning! You just never know when you might need this
- Ingenious logo design – these are works of art
- How do you decide which is the best honey? Ask the bears!
- Kangaroos in the snow. Hard to know what else to add really.
- And then came Squirrels… in the Furmula 1 trials