- Former LibDem leader, Tim Farron has been saying some really important things in the last week about the state and nature of western liberalism.
- Here is his original Theos lecture: What Kind of Liberalism do we want?
- Then a follow-up article he wrote for the Guardian: Liberalism has eaten itself
- And an interview in The New Statesman: I’m roadkill
- Theos’s Nick Spencer reflects on the related issues: Tim Farron, Identity politics and Christianity
- My colleague Paul Windsor has some good stuff on Fake and Real News from India
- A great one from Malcolm Guite – a rondeau on the passing of Leonard Cohen
- One of Facebook’s founders on creating a monster
- Why the Moon-landings could NOT have been faked…
- I’d never heard of her – but Berenice Abbott was a remarkable photography pioneer – New York in 1935 looking breathtaking
- Elon Musk’s epic gauntlet for the Flat Earth Society.
- This is a bucket list library if ever there was one – an incredible library in China
- Another goodie from Nerdwriter: how David Fincher hijacks your eyes
- Don’t worry – it’s not a bomb. Just a very big courgette
- A mediaeval charter, written in long-hand… literally
- One way to stop yourself spending money on your credit card – no wonder the credit card company objected… (for fans of Brooklyn 99 especially)
- You need to convey the sounds of a fight scene in acomic stripp? Here’s how! SHKLUNK
- I’m really looking forward to 2022 – here’s why: