- Mikhail Kalashnikov was apparently in ‘spiritual pain’ over his (in)famous invention
- Dave Criddle has some wisdom about engaging with the likes of Ricky Gervais on Twitter
- Andrew Brown is pretty good here, at least in what he affirms (if not in what he denies).
- Excellent stuff: the one book of theology that atheist really should read – from Oliver Burkeman at the Grauniad
- Chris Green on the friend with two desks
- Screwtape speaks again! Here in response to the hoohaa about the CofE baptism service
- The surprising discovery about those colonialist proselytising missionaries
- This is an extraordinary response to persecution in Egypt:
- Death by Data: do we now live in Kafka’s surveillance state?
- Margaret Talbot has a very interesting perspective on the Edward Snowden business and unearthing the skulduggery of the security forces
- America’s first Atheism monument…
- Dark Lands: the grim truth behind the ‘Scandinavian Miracle’
- Behind the mask – Andy Gotts snaps some fab thespian shots (including Kevin Spacey, right, and ScarJo, above)
- And while we’re on that, here one actor masks the profound shock of grief and then shows all.
- Spies are to be allowed to break the speed limit – so that’s ok then.
- Matt Kish has created stunning illustrations to every page of Conrad’s Heart of Darkness
- This headline from the New York Times is sublime
- Who’d have thought these were in the UK