HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Here are some great links to start the year with
- Grant Osborne gives a very helpful introduction to the divergent genealogies of Jesus in Matthew & Luke.
- He’s done it with a previous work, now follow the progress of Ally Gordon’s latest painting.
- Research suggests that using Dec 25th to celebrate Christ’s birth dates back to a time far earlier than the common assumption of it being merely a pagan festival adopted as Christianity moved into northern Europe. e.g. Augustine did in around AD400. (HT Beth Maynard)
- The extraordinary tale of the vicar’s wife who was a stripper – it’s not what you thought!
- A plea to defend the helpless and bring justice – was it Obama? Oprah? Bono?! No – it’s Proverbs 31! Very revealing! (HT Beth again)
- China deliberately wrecked the Copenhagen climate change talks – according to someone in the room… (HT John Naughton) The sign of things to come…?
- In case you missed it, Rwanda has become the first land-mine-free country. Alleluia. Now for everywhere else…
- Planet Slum – a moving if brief photo essay on the world’s slums (Nairobi, Caracas, Mumbai and Jakarta) by Norwegian photojournalist Jonas Bendiksen
- An interesting take on national wealth distribution:
- WHAT?!! Swindon twins with saccharine fake reality Walt Disney world?? Chalk and cheese, princess and pauper, De Vito & Swarzenegger. They must both be mad. Or perhaps EVERYBODY’s mad.
- Have you noticed how many movie posters use a blue and orange combination? Well you will after this bit of randomness…
- This is a combination of the quirky and the sacred – some artists (the Glue Society) imagine some biblical scenes as recorded through satellite photography!