- Check out Hugh Palmer’s recent series on 1 Corinthians (ch8-11 HERE and chh 12-14 HERE)
- An amazing speech at General Synod: The uniqueness of Christ in Multi-faith Britain by Chik Kaw Tan
- A Norfolk farmer has spent more than 30 years building a scale model of the Herodian Temple. Spectacular.
- Britain’s most unfortunate names on BBC Online. Yes there really are people called Doug Hole, Stan Still, Jo King and Hazel Nutt. Poor things. Don’t miss the ones added in under the comments.
- Neil McCormick’s wry mini-review of U2’s rooftop gig.
- Amazing story of Emmanuel Jal – ex child soldier now international musician. We saw him live at the Mandela concert last summer – and he made quite an impression. He was also ‘rescued’ by Emma McCune, the subject of this extraordinary book (Emma’s War) I remember reading when we lived in Uganda.
- Meet Patrick the Sharkspotter from Muizenburg, Cape Town – i met him over Christmas. He is the definition of dude. Here he is with my nephew/godson, Charlie (see right).
- This is amazing – a black and white image that by a trick of the brain looks as thought it’s in full colour. Check it out.
- A classic 1964 review of The Beatles’ arrival in the USA – such scorn and bile: but it’s hilarious now! (HT Jem Hovil)
- Weird: the Kiwi bra fence. No explanation provided.
- Go hear for some REALLY bad Puritan poetry. Cunning way to get clemency during the civil war…
- Can you spot the (presumably non-deliberate) mistake in this photo of Sam Mendes (who, incidentally, actually taught me art when I was 13 and he was on a gap year before university!!) & Kate Winslet (in Vanity Fair)? Click on the photo to find out more…